Program Cost: $3,995
Includes applicable taxes
& student application fee
2-week volunteer program
Journey with Global Journeys Academy to Bermuda, where we’ll reside at one of the world’s oldest and leading research stations, our partner, the Bermuda Institute of Ocean Sciences (BIOS). This facility is renowned for examining the connection between the ocean and human health, climate change, marine science, and coral reef ecology.
Bermuda’s compact size, plethora of shipwrecks, differing tidal times, and abundance of coral reefs and marine life provides an ideal study ground for hands-on fieldwork projects that are incorporated into your volunteer program: you’ll work with local biologists to help preserve sections of this beautiful island through reforestation, removal of invasive species, and participate in beach cleanups to rid the waters of plastics and other harmful materials.
Students must have a background in Science.
In addition, you will:
- Sail and snorkel along the Outer Coral Reefs
- Explore the island’s network of cave systems
- Trek along the pristine beach coastline
- Round trip from Toronto to Bermuda with transfers
- Accommodation (shared) with full breakfasts, lunches & dinners
- Complete computer, library and lab access; wireless internet access
- Guided tours, site visits, and entrance fees to the Bermuda Aquarium Museum and Zoo and the Bermuda Underwater Exploration Institute