Anthropology, History, Museum Studies
6-week internship program
Journey with Global Journeys Academy to Malta and the island of Gozo, where you’ll intern with our partner Il-Ħaġar | the Heart of Gozo Museum and Cultural Centre. An active community centre, Il-Ħaġar organizes a series of landmark exhibitions, public lectures, and educational activities.
Run and operated completely by volunteers, Il-Ħaġar tells the history of the island though its people: it holds significant artistic, cultural, historical, and liturgical objects. You’ll work with long-term volunteers to help organize temporary exhibitions, lectures, and educational (particularly children’s) activities, as well as other duties as assigned.
Students must have a background in Anthropology, History, or Museum Studies.
In addition, you will:
- Experience a behind-the-scenes tour of the National Museum of Archaeology
- Visit key archaeological sites, including Ħal Saflieni Hypogeum, Mnajdra, Ħaġar Qim, and Ggantija Temples
- Visit ongoing archaeological excavations on the island with the Superintendence of Cultural Heritage
- Round trip from Toronto to Malta with transfers
- Shared accommodation with other international volunteers
- Guided tours and entrance fees to archaeological sites and museums (as above)