Anthropology and Archaeology
Program Cost: $3,700
Includes applicable taxes ($635)
& application fee ($100)
2-week volunteer program
Join Global Journeys Academy in uncovering the history of the Inca Empire, exploring the vast archaeological sites of Peru. Peru is home to over 100 archaeological sites, many of which are UNESCO World Heritage sites of global importance.
You’ll work with archaeologists from the Peruvian Ministry of Culture and other international volunteers to study ancient settlements and collect important historical data.
This project is open to novice archaeologists with minimal excavation experience, however, students must have a background in Anthropology or Archaeology.
In addition, you will:
- Explore key archaeological museums in Cusco
- Visit key archaeological sites, including Ollantaytambo – Inca village & fortress in the Sacred Valle, Sacsayhuaman – the Citadel and fortress, and Machu Picchu
- Round trip from Toronto to Lima, and coach transfers
- Twin accommodation with breakfasts
- Guided tours, visits and entrance fees to all sites and museums